SPAY & NEUTER CLINIC VOLUNTEER CALL OUT
Where: BC SPCA Vancouver Animal Hospital in Vancouver
When: December 4 & 5, 2021
We are in need of volunteers for a variety of roles and skillsets. No veterinary experience is necessary, but an interest in veterinary medicine and animal welfare is important.
We are in need of:
- TRANSPORTERS from Richmond to Vancouver Saturday morning and return trip Sunday afternoon.
- FOSTERS short-term in your low stress home caring for our recovering patients. Minimum 3 days more preferred. Must be comfortable administering oral meds and topical treatment to incision site if necessary. You will have the support of our shelter manager, founder and clinic coordinator for any questions or concerns while they’re in your care. All supplies/enclosures required can be provided.
- SHELTER POST-OP ASSISTANTS: We will require extra help at the Richmond shelter for rabbits who do not find medical fosters. Cleaning cages and enclosures, litter pans, feeding, administering oral medication, checking suture site, etc
- ADMIN ASSISTANT: Various tasks such as communications, data entry, assisting clinic coordinator, etc. Can be done remotely.
- VETS, RVTs, VAs, etc: You know what you do! And you are always needed!
- POST-OP MONITORS and FLOATERS: In clinic Saturday and Sunday. No experience required you will have the support of the whole team while monitoring our patients after surgery. Training will be provided.
Monitors will trade off with floaters and vice versa. Floaters will assist in any way needed, cleaning carriers, swapping over laundry, scrubbing surgical tools, etc
Please fill out the form if you can lend us your time educational experience.https://forms.gle/ixKKhkaFpQJLFXuFA